(Effective as of December 5th 2013)
"Envato’s Most Wanted" is an occasional event we run on the Envato marketplaces that gives authors an opportunity to win "cash" prizes in exchange for submitting specific content we are in need of. We post a "Most Wanted" notice in the forums and/or on our blog, Envato Notes, explaining what kind of items we're looking for and where to upload them. Events might include a race to see who can submit quality content the fastest based on what we're looking for, or an overall “best item” contest with a select panel of judges. Authors who submit an item meeting all our criteria, that is subsequently approved, have a chance to win!
Authors entering this giveaway should be mindful of the following binding terms of entry:
- The total prize fund and number of winners may vary between each Most Wanted giveaway. The period during which the “Bounty” (total prize fund) is offered starts on the day the Most Wanted post is made and ends on the date specified in the announcement (“competition period”). All this information is stated in each Most Wanted announcement.
- All contest winners MUST keep their item online and available for sale on our marketplace for a minimum of 2 years from the final approval date.
- In addition to receiving any prize money, authors earn commissions on item sales as usual. Prize winnings are not counted toward an author’s total marketplace earnings and have no effect on an author’s calculated commission rate.
- “Cash” prizes are paid by PayPal or Moneybookers only. Authors should ensure they have either of these payment vehicles available prior to entering the giveaway. No alternative payment arrangements are possible.
- The number of total prizes any one author is eligible to win in any one Most Wanted giveaway is stated in each announcement and may differ from event to event. For example, a competition may offer a $100 reward for the first 20 items in a category, with a maximum of 3 prizes per author. If the author submits more than one item in the competition period, the author can get up to three $100 prizes ($300 of the total $2000 Bounty) based on submission date of approved items.
- Prizes are only given to APPROVED items based on the submission (upload) date of finally approved items. Items that are rejected due to not meeting ANY of our standard file preparation or quality criteria (see our marketplace upload instructions) are not eligible for prizes. But if an initially rejected item is improved or fixed, resubmitted during the competition period, and then subsequently approved, the item becomes eligible for the giveaway. In these cases eligibility is based on the date of the final submission/resubmission leading to the item's approval, NOT the submission date of earlier rejected versions of an item. Our decisions on whether items meet approval criteria are final.
- Prizes and awards for "Best Item(s)" will be determined by a select panel of judges, be it members of Envato staff, the Envato community, or partnering organizations. "Best Item(s)" will be evaluated based on the overall level of involved skill, technical expertise, aesthetic design, and/or originality. Envato's panel of judges retain the right to select the "Best Item" winners at its sole and final discretion. Envato and judges retain the right not to award a "Best Item" prize at their sole discretion if judges decide that appropriate levels of skill have not been met in any category, or if no judging consensus can be reached.
- If certain prizes are not awarded, Envato reserves the right to redistribute that prize money to other entrants at its sole discretion.
- NO correspondence or inquiries regarding status of prizes shall be made to staff or support. We will post all winning usernames/authors in the forums and/or Envato Notes and we will contact all winners directly.
- To be eligible, authors submitting items during the competition period must complete an online authorization form and agreement by the end of the competition period. The form provides for payment details. It also contains an agreement for authors to agree that if they win a prize, they will keep the winning item on our marketplaces for a minimum of 2 year from approval. For practical reasons, we can't follow up with authors who haven't completed their payment details and approved the agreement. If an author has not completed this step before the end of the period, their item will not be eligible for a prize regardless of when it was submitted. So hurry over to this link and complete this step after submitting your item:
- We reserve the right to move items incorrectly uploaded to the requested category to their correct category, which may impact eligibility for Envato’s Most Wanted.
- Multiple entries from the same author in any one Envato's Most Wanted event must generally be unique, that is, different from one another. Some exceptions may apply, but we reserve the right to declare submissions void and ineligible for the Most Wanted event, if multiple items by the same author are too similar to one another.
- Envato reserves the right not to award prizes, to disqualify authors and items, and to discontinue a contest if there is any illegal or fraudulent behavior.
- When events include a community voting component, the following rules apply:
- Only authors who successfully submit an item to the “Most Wanted” event will be eligible to take part in the community vote.
- Authors cannot vote for their own item(s).
- Authors may only complete the voting process once, regardless of how many of their items were successfully submitted.
- Authors may not share their voting choices with anyone else either publicly or privately.
- Authors may not distribute the voting form/link with anyone else either publicly or privately.In the event the above rules are not followed, or an author attempts to defraud the voting process in any other way, that author’s votes will not be counted, and that author’s item(s) may be disqualified from the contest.
- Voting will only be open for a limited time period as specified on the “Most Wanted” event announcement and official voting form. Any votes received before or after that time period will not be counted.