Refer to the following guidelines before submitting items to the Zen Cart Templates category.
Note: Only Zen Cart version 1.5.1 or newer will be accepted.
The minimum requirements for Zen Cart 1.5.1 are as follows:
- PHP 5.2.14 or higher
- MySQL 4.1.3 or higher
- CSS, JS ﬁles and images must be organized into their own folders.
- There should be no PHP errors, notices, warnings or short tags.
- Templates must work properly with digital and physical goods as well as product packs or bundles.
- Styling must work properly on conﬁgurable, discounted, and out-of-stock items.
- Styling must work properly on currencies which usually have high numbers ($200US =16236.00Yen).
- Template must handle large descriptions and images without “breaking” the design.
- Breadcrumbs must function properly with hierarchies at least three levels deep.
- Inline HTML or CSS is not permitted.
- The Zen Cart coding standards can be found here. This document is a work in process and is sparse. While the document is incomplete, this should not discourage you from ensuring that your code meets the standards that are listed there.
Written documentation is required to help buyers with installation and setup.
- The full installation process of the theme must be documented.
- All required plugins must be documented in your item’s description and documentation ﬁle.
- Custom features falling outside Zen Cart’s core functionality must be clearly documented.
- All required and custom plugins (eg. jQuery) must be documented in your item description and documentation ﬁle.