General Technical Requirements
- File can be RGB or CMYK. CMYK is preferable when a file is intended for print.
- PSD, JPEG and PNG are acceptable formats.
- Items in this category can include smart objects from Adobe Illustrator, but should not be completely made of files exported from Illustrator.
- Graphic items that are layered should be labelled in English, in an organized manner (using logical groups and layers).
- Ensure that fonts used in the item are correctly licensed, and are documented in the item description and inside a help file within the main .zip.
- No preview images or graphics that are not part of the product and thumbnails should be included in the archive.
- Files using CS5 and upwards (i.e those making use of new or upgraded features in Photoshop) should be clearly marked in the preview image and description.
Sub-Category Specific Requirements
- Minimum of 1200 pixels at 72 DPI.
- Print version 300 DPI.
- Can not be unmodified photos.
Product mock-ups are items created to help designers demo designs and products. Submissions should not include items meant to be used in any capacity other than a demonstration.
- Files should be easily editable
- The file should make use of layer masks, smart objects, smart filters and non-destructive techniques.
- Smart objects are optional. The main focus should be non-destructive techniques and making a file as editable and customizable as possible.
- Masks should be executed technically and aesthetically to a high standard. They should be tested to ensure they work for the buyer.
- Any layer masks or photo manipulation should be of good quality. The masking should be clean and sharp, where style appropriate.
- Viewing angles and perspectives must look realistic and visually correct.
- Illustrations should be created within Photoshop.
- The file should have a transparent background or a separate layer.
- Illustrations must be layered as fully as possible. These files should be heavily reliant on making the file as editable and customizable for the buyer.
- No destructive techniques like merging layers or groups should be used.
- File should be in PSD file format.
- File should be made up of smart objects and layers.
- Files should be made utilizing smart objects and filters.
- Actions should not be included in these items as these are better suited to the Add-ons > Photoshop category.
- Files should have transparent backgrounds or a separate layer.
- The individual elements need to be cut and isolated well for reuse. Edges should be clean and have no artifacting (like when using magic wand tool etc).
- Files should be 3D renders from Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D.
- A PSD file is a mandatory inclusion. JPEGs are optional.
For enquiries about your account and being a Envato Market Author:Submit a ticket