This article outlines each step of the upload process for all of the Envato Marketplaces (except for PhotoDune). Follow it as you upload your items to ensure that your submissions meet our formatting and technical standards.
PhotoDune is a little different to our other Marketplaces. If you are uploading to PhotoDune, click here to view the PhotoDune upload guidelines.
Name & DescriptionYour item name and description must accurately describe your item and its elements. They should both provide relevant information that makes it easy for buyers to find items meeting their needs.
The name field should always be relevant, concise, and professional looking. The following are examples of good and bad naming practices:
- “This is the File Name” – Capitalize the first letter in each word. Small words like “of” and “an” may be lowercase.
- “Template with CMS” – Capitalize acronyms and abbreviations like XML and PSD.
- “WordPress Template” – Do follow the industry standard even if it doesn’t follow the normal capitalization rules. For example, use jQuery and WordPress instead of Jquery and Wordpress.
- “THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE” – Do not use all CAPS.
- “this is also not acceptable” – Do not use all lowercase.
- “Beautiful File” or “The Best Template” – Do not use subjective words like brilliant, amazing, or best. These words describe your opinion rather than what the file actually is.
- “User9909 – File Name” – Do not append your username or any other less-relevant information to the file name.
- “Apple-like Design” – Do not describe what your item is similar to in its title, describe what it actually is.
Your description must accurately describe all elements of your main file—ensure you mention anything shown in the preview not included in the main .zip and note if any main element is rasterized, outlined or otherwise not editable. If you're using non-standard fonts in your item, these must be documented in your description. Get some tips.
You should not include links to external, competing services including items for sale on your own website. For more information on this see our full article, What links can I place in my item description, preview, or the in download itself?
Create a 590x300 JPG for your preview image. Make sure your preview image is an accurate representation of your file.
AudioJungle doesn’t require a preview image.
ActiveDen allows either an image preview or a live .swf preview. See this article for more.
Create an 80x80 JPG, PNG or GIF for your thumbnail. Make sure your thumbnail accurately represents your file.
Save your main files into a .zip folder, including all instructions. Ensure the files are organised in a clear and orderly fashion.
Marketplace-specific instructions for preparing your main file:
Preview Image Set (Optional)
You can provide additional preview images. They must be JPGs no larger than 900x900px, and named in the order that you want them to appear using the following format: 01_preview1.jpg, 02_preview2.jpg, 03_closeup.jpg. Create a .zip folder containing your additional preview images.
Category & Attributes
Choose a suitable category for your file.
Select which filetypes are included in your download (you can select multiple items by holding down the CTRL key on Windows or the COMMAND key on OS X).
Select which software and versions of software your file can be opened in.
For example, dimensions on GraphicRiver, polycount on 3DOcean and length on AudioJungle.
Note: When uploading to AudioJungle, ensure that you have correctly entered the length of your file. For single music file and ident submissions that include variations, you must enter the length of the longest file in the set. For sound and ident packs, you must enter the length as the total length of all the files.
Tags should be lower case, separated by commas, spelled correctly (using American Standard English) and should relate to your item, its specifications and its possible uses. Do not use the same tags for every item. Each tag must be relevant to the item it is applied to.
- For AudioJungle, GraphicRiver and 3DOcean you may enter up to 30 tags.
- For ActiveDen, ThemeForest, VideoHive and CodeCanyon you may enter up to 15 tags.
Note: Tags may be more than one word. EG. “community service”, “cross-media”.
For more tips on effective tags, see this article.
Notes to the Reviewer
Enter any relevant information you wish to send to the reviewer.
When using images containing recognizable human faces or private locations, link to a scanned version of a filled out and signed model or location release. Read more.
You can submit tickets for any Envato website through this system. However, please search our Knowledgebase before you submit a ticket.Open a Ticket