Welcome to the Envato Forums and Community!
We take great pride in our global and thriving community—they're part of what makes the Marketplaces fun and friendly. Our focus on forum rules and guidelines is one of transparency and mutual respect. We invite all users who wish to participate, give feedback, or have their say to do so!
We aim to take a transparent and common sense approach with forum rules and moderating. Before using or participating on the forums, please do familiarize yourself with the below rules and guidelines. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact a support member.
- Post threads in the correct section and marketplace. "All Marketplaces" is only to be used if it is truly relevant to them all.
- Ensure any threads discussing or linking to your item (accepted or not) go to the "Item Discussion" section where this is permitted.
- Get to know your fellow members and peers! Help out new users with any questions, be active, and share your feedback. Participating and affecting the community in a positive way will make you eligible for the Forum Superstar and Community Superstar badges.
- Please offer respect to your fellow users, staff, and moderators and refrain from personal attacks, calling out another user and/or their item, and refrain from posting copyright accusations on the forums. If threads become personal or heated towards a user, reviewer, or staff member the thread will be locked/removed and further actions may be taken. This includes calling out specific items or authors on the marketplaces, which will not be tolerated.
- Send any account issues or problems you have to Support. Support checks the forums when they can, but the only way to guarantee they’ll see and resolve your issue is to contact them directly. Also, be sure to search the Knowledgebase and the forums (via the search tab) before starting a thread with a question. Chances are it’s already been answered!
- Spam. These threads will be disabled and users warned and/or banned.
- Duplicate threads will be locked to keep the forums clear, please do a search before posting a new thread and check out the recent threads from the past few days. There is a good chance the topic has already been started.
- Self promotion is not allowed on the forums, for examples and clarification, see the below section titled A Note on Self Promotion. In addition, promoting outside services or competitors is not allowed on the forums.
- Post any threads discussing or link to piracy and/or warez sites. These do more damage than good and will be locked or disabled. Report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to Envato Support, and see our Knowledgebase section on Copyright Support.
- Go extremely off the topic of the thread in question. We understand the forums are a fun place and a little off topic chat never hurt anyone, but the mods may step in to steer the direction if needed.
- Discuss or link to offensive topics, such as pornography, violent themes, sexism, racism or other discriminatory subjects, even as a “joke”. Users doing so will receive a warning and further action if needed. Threads of a political or religious nature are not appropriate for the marketplaces.
- Post or solicit any kind of racism, flaming, trolling, harassment, discrimination of any kind, or behavior deemed by the Envato staff to be intentionally abusive or inappropriate will result in an immediate warning. Further violations can escalate to account freezes and bans.
- Create forum titles in all capital letters.
- Solicit for any kind of material support, donations or aid. While they may be well-intentioned, such requests are sure to attract the wrong kind of attention. Due to the high risk of scamming, or "identity theft" related activity, such threads are frowned upon and will be locked.
Anti-censorship, Pro Constructive Feedback!We value the feedback and input we get from the community. Seriously. As long as posts abide by forum rules and guidelines, we'll step back, take note and respond to input or feedback given. If you have any issues or something you'd like to discuss privately please do not hesitate to contact Envato Support via the help page on the Marketplace. Our Community Mods are here to help and to steer the conversation and give any input needed. If you have questions about the forums let them know!
Our Warning and Forum Ban PolicyWe will temporarily or permanently ban members from the forums for repeated rule breaches, including our policies on trolling or any other form of consistent disruptive behavior. Forum bans will usually be temporary and will only be used when other alternatives have already been looked at and have not been successful. To avoid disruption to your forum privileges, please observe the rules in this document at all times and always follow staff and moderators direction. Moderators will report serious rule infractions and a warning or forum ban may result. If your account has been banned (temporarily or permanently), you will still be able to browse the forums, but not be able to comment or post new threads. You will still be able to comment on items and access to other site services will be maintained. Support will contact you at your registered email address in the event that your account has restrictions placed on it with further information.
Community ModeratorsCommunity Moderators are long time members of the forum who have volunteered and been picked to help lead the forums. The mods' role on the forums is to provide users with any assistance they may need and to ensure forum rules are followed. Mods are here to help you and treat you with respect, we do ask that you also remain respectful towards them.
Our Marketplace Community Moderators are:
A Note on Self PromotionBecause of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated.
If you'd like to post a link to your item to get feedback or discussion on how to improve it, it must be posted in the "Item Discussion" section of the forums.
Envato Specific Items: If you've made a special item or app that is specifically Envato related and desire to post it on the forums, please contact us first.