Public collections can serve a variety of uses. They can help you promote some of your best pieces of work, or promote the work of a variety of authors so you can link to it with the Referral Program. Some people create collections that they find useful and make them public for others who might need a similar set for a specific purpose, in the name of community spirit. It’s up to you how you use public collections — here’s how to create one.
Creating a Public Collection
- Sign in to your marketplace of choice.
- Click on the Bookmarks link that appears in the header once you’re signed in.
- In the right sidebar, find the Create a New Collection box.
- Fill in a name for your collection — if you’re creating a collection for marketing purposes, make it a compelling and interesting name. Put some thought into it.
- Tick the Publicly Viewable? checkbox so that others can see your collection.
- Click Create, and you’re ready to add items to your collection.
You can add items to the collection by using a similar sidebar box on individual item pages.
Using Your Public Collection
While the contents of your collection can only be viewed from the marketplace site itself, you can advertise it on your own site or blog, using your referral link. If anyone who visits the collection through your referral link proceeds to sign up and make a purchase or deposit money into their account, you’ll get a cut of the deposit. If you’re advertising a collection of your own files, you’ll be making money from successful conversions whether you use your referral link or not!
If you think you’ve put together a really cool collection that others will find useful for their projects, head into the forums and let everyone know about it.
You can submit tickets for any Envato website through this system. However, please search our Knowledgebase before you submit a ticket.Open a Ticket