Password security is extremely important on any web service, and so for your security there are certain passwords that the Envato Marketplaces cannot accept when creating an account or changing your password.
The Envato Marketplaces validate your password against a number of different factors to make sure it's secure. We estimate your password strength by looking for common dictionary words, passwords, names, and permutations of those words using common substitutions. If you’re planning on earning money on the site or depositing funds it is especially important that your account is safe and secure from hackers.
When setting or updating a password, you’ll be notified if your choice does not pass our validation, and prompted to create a stronger password. This will occur if your password is:
- A weak combination of common dictionary words or passwords (e.g. password);
- A weak permutation of one (p@ssw0rd, password123);
- A variation on an Envato term, your username or your account details
- Too short or;
- Otherwise insecure.
We highly recommend using tools like 1Password or Lastpass to help you generate and store a randomly generated strong password for each service you use.
For maximum account security, you should:
- Have a complex password comprising of uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers (you can use a password generator if you wish),
- Have a unique password for the Marketplaces
- Change your password regularly
- Keep your password private and never give it out.
How do I change my password?
- Sign in to your Envato Account via the button at the top right of the Marketplaces.
- Hover over your username and select Envato Account from the drop-down.
- Click Change password.
- Enter your desired new password and confirm it by entering your current password.
- Click Save.
You can submit tickets for any Envato website through this system. However, please search our Knowledgebase before you submit a ticket.Open a Ticket