Refer new users to any of the Envato Marketplaces and you’ll receive 30% of their first purchase or cash deposit! Every user automatically has a referral code. Simply paste a link or image button on your site using that code. If a new user clicks your referrer link and proceeds to sign up an account and purchase an item or deposit money via any Envato Marketplace, you will receive 30% of that person’s first cash deposit or purchase price. So if they deposit $20 into their account, you get $6; if they deposit $100, you get $30; if they buy a $200 item, you’ll get $60!
How it Works
Here are a few important points about how it works:
- If a person clears their cookies, we will no longer be able to track them.
- If a person clicks on your referral link and then later they click on someone else’s, yours is the one that counts.
- If a person clicks a link, they have three months before the cookie expires. If they sign-up and purchase in the space of those three months, you will earn the commission.
- Commissions appear in your cash account just like item sales (find out about withdrawing earnings here).
- Linking from an Envato Marketplaces to itself in order to gain referrals is not allowed. This includes bouncing links of other domains in order to add a referral.
- If you have visited one of the Envato Marketplaces before and then click a referral link, it doesn’t count.
- Above all, use of the referral program is subject to a fair usage policy which gives Envato the right to review each and every referral.
Examples of what is not allowed:
- Buying Envato trademark keywords on Google AdWords. Not surprisingly we already rank highly for keywords like “ThemeForest” – you are not adding value by bidding on a AdWords Ad just above our listing.
Your Referral Links
Simply substitute in your username and add the code ?ref=username to our URLs to create a referral link, as follows:
Adding Referral Codes to Other Pages
You can also create referral links out of other pages besides the homepage. For most URLs you can simply append the code just as you do with the homepage. So this URL:
However if the URL already has a ? character in it and some code at the end, then you have to append this code instead &ref=username. So in other words you are replacing the ? with an & character. That’s because the ? tells the system that some variables are about to come next and then each variable and value is separated by an & character so the system can identify each one separately. Here’s an example:
You can also add a referral code to a fullscreen preview so long as the preview bar is showing. So for example the file Full XML Website v3 has this URL when you first click to open the full screen preview:
And that URL can have a referral link added to it. However if you click close on the preview bar up the top so that only the preview remains, then the URL changes to:
This URL will NOT work with the referral code.
It’s possible to increase your referral income through some clever referral strategies. Learn how to increase your marketplace referral income.
Banners and Logos
You can find all the marketplace logos and plenty of banners on this page.
You can submit tickets for any Envato website through this system. However, please search our Knowledgebase before you submit a ticket.Open a Ticket